SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
..............pirates have been my thing for a long long time. From ren faires to having a full library of nautical history and pirate history books I figured it fit quite well.........
Pirates! Shipwrecks!.....:)

I have a small library of such things. Among my most prized possessions:

Robinson Crusoe, U.S.N..........The true story of a U.S. sailor who was left on Guam when the Japanese took over at the beginning of WWII. Signed by the author!

Shipwrecks and Castaways.....A collection of first hand accounts of maroonings and the like. Many taken from diaries found beside skeletons, and many from survivors. Includes 2 first hand accounts of Alexander Selkirk (my namesake and the inspiration for Robinson Crusoe); one by Selkirk and one by the captain who found him.

Two accounts of the sinking of the USS Indianapolis in WWII. That's the one where sharks came every night to feed on the shipwrecked sailors.

One account of the sinking of the Essex, a whaler in the Pacific, after being attacked by a whale. Essex was the inspiration for Moby Dick.

Best of luck with your new obsession. Even if it isn't an obsession now, it will be...(imitates Yoda) it will be......:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.