SailNet Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my first "big" boat and joined your great community! I have been reading your forum posts for months and last weekend I picked up my 1980 Pearson Pilothouse 36! I will hopefully be moving aboard in the next few months after a few preliminary projects! Hope all is well with everyone and any advice to a newbie liveaboard will be gladly recieved!

Attachments

·
Dirt Free
2,654 Posts
Looks Good Starchaser. Where will you keep her ?
I live aboard in Toronto, last four days at -28C

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are in Beaufort, NC. Wow -28 is cold ... what type of heater do you use? I have a Balmar 120 Diesel heater that i need parts for, but can't find a website for them.

·
Dirt Free
2,654 Posts
Sorry, can't help with info on the Balmar. We use a Flagship Marine 30,000btu electric furnace. We have lived aboard for 12 years and take her south every third year. Beaufort is one of our very favourite stops and we have spent a few good nights in the Back Street Pub with a good friend who until recently was a broker with Quay Yacht Sales.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Sorry to dredge up a week-old post, but wanted to say welcome to a fellow Carolinian. Hope you enjoy the boat!

·
Dirt Free
2,654 Posts
This is what it looks like in Toronto right now. My boat is foreground on the right.

Attachments

·
'87 Pearson 27'
513 Posts
Welcome Starchaser. My father lived in Davis right near there until he passed away last Oct. My brother has a vacation home there and I still have a sister that lives there. I will have to check out the Back Street bar next time i am in town. I have seen it named here a few times.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcomes! I actually will be here in Beaufort for at least the next 6 months! I have much to do before the seasons change and hope to be at least a part time live aboard within the next couple months! I will probably stay in the general area for a while as I have some more marine classes to take at the college here... (just completed the outboard mechanic cert. course). next will be the ABYC electrical and then who knows. Hope to learn a lot from everyone's experiences here on Sailnet and might even run into some of you at any of Beufort's great bars!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts