SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lived all over, but reside in Okla. It's not the world capital of sailing, but most of my family and son are here. Been an active sailor for 20 years. Sailed most of the waters from RI to Grenada. here's the summary:

1985 - 1989 Purchased 33' sailboat. Sailed various lakes and
Gulf Coast of Texas.
Self taught Celestial Navigation and Piloting.
Crewed and raced aboard J-24 for four years.

1989 - 1991 Crewed and raced aboard Baltic 43' as fore deck man, cook, and navigator. Races: Ft. Lauderdale to Key West, Key West Race Week, Antigua Race Week, etc.

Crewed for three (3) off-shore yacht deliveries from Ft. Lauderdale to Long Island, N.Y.
Purchased Santana 22 that I used for club racing in various lakes.

1991 - 1994 Purchased 41' Ketch. Live aboard and Cruised Cape Cod, Narragansett Bay, Long Island, Chesapeake Bay, Florida, and Bahamas.

1994 – 2001 Chartered the Beneteau 34, the Hunter 34, and the J 40 from Cedar Mills Marina in Texas for five years.

2001 – 2004 Owned and lived aboard 43 Young Sun Cutter. Sailed all of east coast to include RI, NY, MD, and Chesapeake Bay. Lived aboard and cruised from Chesapeake Bay to Grenada, via Bermuda, B.V.I., and East Caribbean to Grenada.

Best wishes,
Bill

·
Registered
295 Posts
Welcome to the party, Bill. Sounds like you've done a fair amount of sailing in your life. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks on this forum. Enjoy the ride.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thanks for the welcome and back at ya. i've been visiting the site for a year, but just registered. I looked for available crew, but sold my boat. Now i look for rides to interesting places. i saw a lot of the Med while in the Navy. would love to jump back across the pond and see it again from a boat (without the big guns).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts