SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've pottered around sailnet before and finally have registered.

I have a 30' sloop, which I'm preparing for an Indian Ocean crossing next year. Watch that will mean a lot of questions.

Currently I'm installing a cockpit locker for my liferaft and working out how to install a solent stay. The liferaft locker is pretty straightforward and the solent stay seems that way but presents many questions, such as 'is a ball tang fitting 12" below the masthead strong enough?" Where can you get Highfield levers from?", "Can/should you rig a 'twistle yard' on a solent stay?".

As I say lots of questions so the forum will be hearing from me.

Regards
Tony:)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Tony,

assume you have heard about the Quindalup cruise down south between Xmas and New year. Plus there is a Abrolis cruise around March next year.

Further details here.

Ilenart

·
Registered
22 Posts
G'day, Mates
So, it's 1980. I've got a boat in Newport, Rhode Island, USA, and it's Cup season. I'm hanging around "Christies" which was the (un)official watering hole of the Auzzie boat, and I elbowed my way in, briefly, whilst Alan Bond (self-made guy who sponsored the boat) was holding court.
Some years later, I read where he's off to the hoosegow (jail, in case that dowsn't translate) for, what, income tax evasion? I get to thinking: Gee here's a guy who had it all, and phfffft..it's gone. Then I got to thinking more deeply, and I knocked myself in the head, silently saying: y'know, in a few months/years, he's going to be out, and a ziollionaire again...and I'm still going to be Joe Bag-a-donuts.
I think that's exactly what happened, at least the latter part.

·
Wish I never found SN!
2,116 Posts
welcome aboard Tony. We are one but we are many.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts