SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I guess that's why my first post was to that gun thread.

Been lurking here for a while. Ten years cruising the Chesapeake in the seventies and eighties. Been longing for, but whacking my knuckles for thinking so, another hole in the water for some time. The next one surely won't have twin 300hp Detroit's though. Will be moving to Raleigh next year and obsessively looking forward to picking up that Sabre 30 and learn the other side of cruising using the Pamlico/Albermarle. Will follow a year later with two months north to the Chesapeake, to be followed another year with two months south to the Keys and Bahamas.

And to think it took me twenty years to figure this (and that OCD thing) out. At least now I can focus on something truly exciting. And I'm glad I'm forced with the time to properly research and do it right this time.

Nice to meet you. Thanks for being here.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Welcome, Roger!

I like the little Dyer dinghy in your avatar photo! You can have a lot of sailing fun in one of those.:)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome, Roger!

I like the little Dyer dinghy in your avatar photo! You can have a lot of sailing fun in one of those.:)
Ah! You picked up on that. Thanks! My last Dyer was frequently towed behind my Egg Harbor 37... 20+ years ago. Unfortunately it (the Dyer or the Egg) didn't have a mast. You can bet my next one will.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts