SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Hi Seas c100 on my CT41 in WA. It looks great and works ok, nice dry heat but I suspect it needs a good cleaning and a new wick.
A few older threads have mentioned they have a PDF of the manual and info on the valve assembly. But no actual posting of the manual and not much thread traffic lately.
If anyone has a link or can send me those by email that would be great.
Also, any ideas on the pressure spec needed by the pulse pump? And replacement wicking materials.
Thanks Cragg.
dabird4 AT gmail.com.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, Did you have any luck with finding a copy of the manual? i have just removed our heater from the boat with the view of giving it a good overhaul ready for next season! I have never properly been able to set it up right, so need to know the 'tuning' info!

Cheers,

Ben

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. I have not found a manual or a solid lead on the wicking material.
Any one out there who can shed some light?
I'll let you know if I decide to proceed with a valve assembly overhaul without a manual...
I have serviced my diesel pump... a Walbro 2401. Seems the new bio diesel fuels and additives reduce the life of the bellows inside, from a decade or more to perhaps 24 months. You can still buy 2401 service kits online for about $9 each plus shipping. Auto Performance Engineering - Walbro Bellows Fuel Pumps . I got three.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had my valve apart in the past. cleaned and put back together. there are some tiny holes in there which i could imagine blocking easily if anything gets through the filter. i don't use a pump (which i think is where my problems are) i use a pressured tank (which i built out of aluminium, and it pumps up with a bicycle pump) i am going to add a inline fuel pressure regulator and see if that helps.

as for wick, i read on another thread that the original was made out of fibreglass - not asbestos, which i had presumed. here in the uk you can buy fibreglass wick which i am going to staple/fix together with wire to get the right size/shape. no idea if that is the right thing to do, but its worth a try!

I'm going to rummage around the boat again today to find this manual.. i had it a year or so ago and I'm now kicking myself for misplacing it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Hi Seas Diesel Heater Owner's Manual for Model 100-C-8. I'd be happy to scan and post or send as a PDF. I'd like to get in touch with other owners of this heater because I, too, have some questions.

Eric Weissman
[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts