SailNet Community banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
prices up here (BC) have not really moved yet, but sales have fallen off a cliff.
The effects of the current recession are only starting to be felt by the average Canadian. I believe that now is not a great time to buy (in Canada). If you can wait another nine to twelve months the prices should be experiencing a real correction.

That said - the price of well-maintained boats doesn't ever drop much. Once in a while you'll run into someone who's in financial trouble and needs to bail, but if the boat has been taken care of there are usually three or four peple in line for it.

If I were you - I'd try putting nontices up in clubs and marinas in your area indicating that you're in the market and outlining what you're looking for. Let people phone you - they will be the most motivated vendors.

Good Luck ! :)

·
Registered
994 Posts
Sailorman looks like you are correct, I was not aware of that boat, there must not have been many of them made and they do look like a shark. Interesting boat, would like to sail on one.
They are pretty rare - I had not heard of them until I saw one at a club a couple of years ago.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts