SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The US Pond Hockey Championships are taking place right now on the lake where my boat sits. The mooring field is in that little bay on the left side, where people are walking out to the rinks.

This time of year it's hard to believe that it's only three and and a half months till boats go back in the water.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Wow,

That's a cool pic. I was playing a little pond hockey today as well. Small local fresh water pond with about 1 foot of ice. After I was done playing I went down to my boat, which is still in the water at the yacht club. No ice in the harbor and I put a tarp over the boom b/c the last one, a light duty one, got shredded in the last big wind. It's 20 now but supposed to be 45 tomorrow with a lot of rain.

I can't wait for spring.

Barry

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't really watch pro hockey, but it's fun to go over and watch the pond hockey. They are having great luck weather-wise this year, the temps are right around freezing. Some years it's been far subzero and they shorten the periods, other years it's been so warm they're skating through an inch or two of water.

·
Load Bearing Member
644 Posts
With all those rinks so close together, how often does a spectator get beaned from behind by a puck? It would be hard enough to avoid the one from the game you're watching...

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We do like our winter activities in Minnesota, they help keep us sane during the long dark season! There was also a kite festival on one of the other city lakes this weekend. Next weekend there's Red Bull's "Crashed Ice" downhill speed skating thing and the Winter Carnival parade. In two weeks there'll be a bike race across the lakes and a homemade cardboard sled rally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.