SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Reaction score
Erika: I too get seasick sometimes, and have tried lots of remedies. Now I never go near a boat without Bonine. One tablet is all I need and I can stay out all day. You take it about an hour before you get on the boat. It''s an over-the-counter medication, you can get it at any drugstore. I''ve never tried the armbands, but I have a friend who swears by them.

Interesting to hear you were a scuba instructor. I''m a divemaster right now, trying to decide whether to "bite the bullet" and get my instructor certification. It''s either that or starting up a pet-sitting service. I need a part-time job right now to beef up the kitty.

I really do want to live aboard someday. Considering I got a $300 utility bill yesterday (up from $100 the month before), it sounds better and better every day.

Wish we all lived close enough to get together for coffee!

Wildheart001

· Registered
20 Posts
Reaction score
Erika: Yes, the physical requirements are still tough, at least for divemaster they were (in my humble opinion). I was so proud of myself for passing the divemaster certification. I was one of the oldest ones in the class (I''m about to be 42!). I''ve heard the instructor certification is not as difficult physically, so if I decide to do it I hope to pass with no problem.

Lucky you having the boat show to attend this weekend! Was it wonderful? What did you see that you liked? Did you go to any of the seminars? I''d love to go to the one in Miami next month, but don''t know if I''ll make it or not.

Bonine does NOT make you sleepy, but hopefully the other alternatives will work well for you.

I am single, after 18 years of marriage. Stuff happens, I guess. I assume from your posts that you are single as well. Lately I''ve really begun to appreciate the strength of the women I know. Hearing about your plans to sail with your two children aboard puts you in that category as well. Maybe we could chat on personal email sometime instead of a public forum. My email address is in the header, if you want to correspond in that manner.

Take care!

Wildheart

· Registered
20 Posts
Reaction score
Hi StrfromtheHeart, good to hear from you. Sounds like we have alot in common.

So what is it like living on the boat? I know the winter must be tough, but I''m sure there are good parts to it as well. I''m the adventurous type, so it sounds great to me. I''d love to hear about your experiences so far.

I''m to the point in my life where I want to "do" things rather than "have" things (i.e., the big house full of stuff). Hopefully once spring rolls around I''ll find a buyer for the house. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Sounds like you bought a nice boat. Do you have lots of sailing experience?

What is your kitten''s name, and how has he/she adapted to the boat?

I work in downtown Atlanta, if there was a lake close enough for me to commute, I''d be living aboard, too.

Maybe we''ll see each other sailing around the Caribbean and the Bahamas. That''s my intent as well (and yes, it would be nice if the stock market would rebound!).

Take care, and you can reply to me via my personal email if you like (the address is listed above).

Wildheart

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.