SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suggestions how to get my 2.3 Honda outboard ready for storage?

Will keep in our basement over the winter.

Hope this winter will be less brutal than the winter we had last year in MA

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

sw

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Suggestions how to get my 2.3 Honda outboard ready for storage?

Will keep in our basement over the winter.

Hope this winter will be less brutal than the winter we had last year in MA

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

sw
If you want to be really nice to it, change the oil. Then, thoroughly drain the carburetor & tank. Then make sure all the water has drained out of the exhaust system if so equipped. My 1985 2HP Honda had water cooled exhaust system, not sure about newer motors?

If you are going to store it laying down make sure you have the "proper" side up. Some may suggest you give it a shot of "fogging oil" spray in the carb inlet while running?

I have never used it and have had no problems, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt anything. Maybe treat it to a new plug next spring? :D

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Thank you, dabnis
You are welcome. I bought mine new in 1985, ran it hard in fresh & salt water for over 25 years. It ran as good as new when I sold it. If I still had it I know it would have outlasted me. Like all the many Honda products & cars that I have owned, they work perfectly "right out of the box" & continue to do so.

It is nice the motor has an owner that cares for it.

Paul T

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.