SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read lots of postings on this site looking for some insights into locating good solid offshore sailboats in Hong Kong that used (i.e. I'd don't really want to pay $$$ for a new boat only to see its value nose dive in the first year). I was fortunate enough to grew up on Cape Cod (MASS) sailing Morris, J boats, Bristols, Hallberg Rassy, etc but I can't find those sort of boats out here.

I'm looking for something in the range of 30 - 35 feet. Can anyone point me in the right direction or has suggestions?!

Many many thanks...

High and dry in Hong Kong (a.k.a. Adam)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi,
why don't you extend your search to Philippines, Singapore and Malaysia. Bringing a boat from there is not such a problem and she will probably be much cheaper. I haven't checked lately, but there have been nice boats for sale a year or two ago when I found mine Hallberg-Rassy ;)
Try these:
Philippines sailing boating nautical classified ads online
Sail Boats Yachts For Sale Philippines
pippenmarine.com
simpsonmarine.com
and yacht clubs in all those countries
Good luck
Petr

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank for the insights

Hi Petr,
Wow...how did you find an HR in Asia?! I'm jealous. Have you come across other HRs in Asia? My first choice, if I could get my hands on one, would be a 31 or 34 HR. My family has a 2008 HR 34 back in Newport, RI. Amazing boat. We had a Morris and a couple HR's, but HR has always been my favorite. Anyhow, many thanks for the suggestions - I'll definitely have a look. Other than sailing the boat back to HK myself, do you know any alternative sources/services? Also, I went to your website...great site...it looks like you guys are having a great time.
Thanks,
Adam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts