SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Hood 800SL furler that I've acquired with a recent mast-purchase. I want to use this furler and replace the head-stay underneath it. My question is where do I get the mechanical fittings that mount under the furler? The existing wire (which I'm not using) had a traditional turn-buckle, but the top stud was very long and had an eye in the middle. I presume this was to secure the furler to the turnbuckle/stay, but I can't for the life of me figure out how the furler-drum is supposed to attach.

·
Sailor
929 Posts
Pompanette (Pompanette.com) is still alive and can sell you the parts you are missing.

Tod

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, called them today. Turns out that the model I have is an 800SL. Turns out the furler I got is missing the fitting...so that at least explains it. However, they don't have replacement foils, so I may have to find another unit anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Call Torresen Marine (231-759-8596) in Muskegon, MI. They have been around quite some time and might have what you need in their "Back Room". They have been very helpful with my problems and advice.
Stegs
Great Lakes, Salt Free, No Sharks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts