SailNet Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Seafurl II foil section needed!!

Obelisk, I just shortened a seafurl for use on a staysail after building a new furler for a clients genoa. The result is an extra foil section plus a portion of another.What is the diameter of your roller twirler's foil? Is it round with luff grooves in it at 180 degree opposition? Richardfarmer1, the foils will take a luff tape that can be sewn onto your sail by a local sail shop. Size is critical, so either get a sample from them and try it on your system or closely measure the diameter of the luff groove. Doubling the number of 1/16ths of an inch will give you the size.[3/16" = #6 luff tape]
xsboats: Any idea what size the track was for your Seafurl? I just broke a foil section on my Seafurl II 3250. The foil is a size "B". My foil sections interlock like a piece of a puzzle vs. the other foil type that connects with a buttonlock tap that extends from one extrusion to another. My foil measured fore/aft is 1.13" or 29mm. I am asking cause Pompanette ran out of replacement foils. To save having to replace my ENTIRE FURLER, I would love to find another foil section.

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts