SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
I hope you remember me from my posting a month or two ago? My dream was to save up monies until March then move to the southeast and buy a boat.
Things have taken a detour as they always do. In the last while my old golden retriever Hugo, was laid to rest on the 13th of October. Blessed I was to have him in my life for almost 14 years. (Sad part over)
Although I haven't saved as much as I wanted my adventure begins in three days. It's now Thursday night and on Sunday I will be leaving my home and dear friends behind in McCall, ID and begin driving cross country to Annapolis and boarding a 41' Benateau owned and captained by a friend from McCall bound for somewhere warm. My sister lives in Fairfax where I will leave my car and most all possessions behind as I start this new chapter in me life. Hopefully I'll be getting on board around Thursday the 20th.
Things have been moving very fast so I haven't had much time to do any posting.
I'm going to try and start a youtube channel called sailwhore so my friends an well wishers can partake in my trials and tribulations.
As I read recently, "adventure doesn't come looking for you, you must look for adventure".
Peace, love and happiness to you all!
Wish me well as I wish you well.
Cheers!

·
Captain Obvious
2,424 Posts
Fantastic news Sherwood! I look forward to going with you vicariously on the 'net. The polar friggin vortex just hit us here and we have snow on the ground in NY. I am sitting in front of a roaring fire. Go south! Run away!!

·
Master Mariner
9,225 Posts
You are beginning the adventure of a lifetime and I salute you for doing so while you are young enough to really enjoy it. Once you are a proficient sailor, there is plenty of work sailing for a living in the Caribbean, should you wish to do so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts