SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have onboard (2) Bank's batteries. The House Bank consists of (2) Group 27's and the Starter Bank consists of (1) Group 27( batteries where purchased at the same time). I just pulled them for winter storage.

My question is..would it be recommended for next season to switch around the batteries;ie., rotate one of the House Banks for the Starter Bank battery?

·
Registered
7,857 Posts
Could be done as long as they are the same age but I wouldn't bother. If the start is older or newer than the house pair definitely no.

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
I have onboard (2) Bank's batteries. The House Bank consists of (2) Group 27's and the Starter Bank consists of (1) Group 27( batteries where purchased at the same time). I just pulled them for winter storage.

My question is..would it be recommended for next season to switch around the batteries;ie., rotate one of the House Banks for the Starter Bank battery?
I would not advise that. You house bank will have significantly more cycles thus you won't have a well balanced bank by intermixing batteries of differing ages. Despite them all being the same physical age they are not the same cycles/use age.....

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are correct in your thinking however I forgot to mention I have always had the battery selector switch set to "Both".. though not recommended...

·
islander bahama 24
1,842 Posts
Won't make any difference on the life of the house bank to rotate them and one time of dead batteries and you will never forget the switch again use separate charge maintainers at the dock safer and easier to remember

1 - 5 of 5 Posts