SailNet Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the proud new owner of a Nimble Artic 26.

The blackwater holding tank is a Vetus 50 L divided Flexible
waste water tank. It lies beneath the V-Berth. There is plumbing to fill the flushing water tank. and to fill the
blackwater tank with excrement, but no plumbing to the deck for pumping out.

I want to pump out at home. I am thinking of purchasing a
Blackwater Bazooka a Marine/RV holding tank pump out/flush.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has solved this problem and how it was done.

Hood Automotive tire Steering wheel Vehicle door Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I googled the manufacture and found the installation manual.
Make boating enjoyable - VETUS
A quick glance seems to indicate one must cut a hole in the bladder to install the pump out fitting. Odd, but it was a quick glance. Perhaps if you were to study the document you might find my assessment of the installation is in error. Good luck, it is a stinkin' job ahead.

·
Master Mariner
9,418 Posts
Do you know that the tank is actually in use? Some folks will make fake lines to the tank, but have a direct overboard line from the head.

Reactions: SanderO

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see 2 large (1.5 inch) hoses. One in and one out? If no deck fitting for pumpout, is there a thruhull and a pump for emptying it?
One hose fills the flushing bladder
The other hose comes from the Toilet and Y valve
No thru-hull or pump to empty.

I'm fairly certain I must provide the pump and fittings to pump out.
The Previous owner had the Yard do it. So they don't know how it was done.

·
Super Moderator
4,616 Posts
Seems like the previous owner must have used a bucket instead of the head. The odor would have prevented anyone from going near the boat otherwise. Can you ask "The Yard" what they were thinking?

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Vetus flex tanks I have used have had 2 fittings; ine to fill and empty, the second is a vent. You really want a vent. the vent is typically smaller than the fill/empty which is 1-1/2”.

You empty through the fill fitting, the tank will collapse as it empties. If you follow the hose from the tank you should find a Y valve. The tank will be common. One connection will go to toilet. The other will be to suck stuff out of tank. Of course this requires a suction or pump.

Do you have a deck fitting?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I see 2 large (1.5 inch) hoses. One in and one out? If no deck fitting for pumpout, is there a thruhull and a pump for emptying it?
There is a y valve at the outlet of the toilet one side goes overboard the other side goes to the tank.
The tank is divided. 20 liters flushing water 30 liters blackwater.
One white hose is to fill the flushing water tank.
The other hose fills the backwater tank from the y valve.

·
Registered
Legend 37.5
40 Posts
So the guy used OBD and not the black tank, but someone did, and now the tank is full. Does the black tank have a vent? And the toilet intake is from the flushing tank, not seawater? If so, is there a thru hull for seawater intake?

a diagram would help

if I’m understanding correctly you could use the discharge through hull for intake, the flushing deck fitting and hose for emptying the black tank, but yes you’d need an output from the black tank.

im having trouble seeing all this, because if as described it’s all manner of stupid. Then again I’ve seen a lot of stupid. I wouldn’t even know where to get a sanitation tank with no output. Of course it could be a fuel tank repurposed. Who knows. I’m still suspect that there’s something missing in the system description

1 - 15 of 15 Posts