SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Bali Hai
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like most sailors, I hate to throw anything away if there is the remote chance someone else can use it. I have an old Signet marine windpoint / windspeed set with masthead transducer that I am sure doesn't work, but someone might like the parts for something they are doing. I thought about putting on ebay, but even though I say "not working" is it ok to sell? I don't care what I get for it, I just hate throwing stuff away. Any advice?

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
You can definately sell it on e-bay. Be up front that it doesn't work and is for parts.

Just don't expect much for it.
There are several sail sites that have classifieds, including here. Advertise it there.

Check to see if e-bay shows any completed transactions on this. You might get an idea of what it's worth.

I posted a list here of consignment shops nationwide. http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/41062-used-parts-sources.html You could e-mail them to see if they think it has any value. I doubt it though, old electronics drop pretty far.

I'd probably give it away for the cost of shipping.

·
Registered
702 Posts
check your local electronics guy, some of them like to mess around with older stuff like that as a hobby, when I went into my local guys workshop he had old outdated radar and radio equipment he restored for fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts