SailNet Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· first sailed january 2008
1,409 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be doing a lot of towing, starting tomorrow. I'm leaning toward leaving the engine on the dinghy in calm water, using two floating lines from my two stern cleats to one point on the dinghy. A ring mounted below the tubes on the bow. I'll probably keep it really snugged up to my boat. I can remove the engine and mount it in my stern when thins get rough. AND when they get rougher still, I'll pull the whole dinghy.

What do you think about my plan, and what do you guys do?

1,409 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I know, but it has been informed by independent sources that it will in fact be a chick magnet. When I go down to California I will put it on the deck and leave it there for the duration. It actually came with a nice blue bag and packs down pretty small considering.

I would like to get a stern mount for my engine, but I have big oversized rails and will have to come up with something myself.

1,409 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Whoa Jon and Christian. I listened to you guys last year and thought it would be cool to row and it sucked! I almost got in fights daily.

"Nice rowboat boy, your mom get that fer ya?"

"No your mom did, I just dropped her off"

You get it.

This one is fun. I tried it the other day for the first time. It's like a jet ski practically.

Back to reality. Here is my pushpit. Do you think it looks too big for standard store bought solutions?

Attachments

1,409 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Yeah. Nobody liked my fights joke either. Can't people tell Im joking around? I mean. I want help and good advice, but at the same time we're talking about dinghies. It's all fun. If you want to row, sail, motor....it doesn't matter. I mean, not to the point of gettin mad at each other. You can have a dinghy the size of a Washington state ferry for all I care.

1,409 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
What did I wake up to? I dont know how I'm playing referee, if so it's only because this is my post and if you don't think it has any value, don't read it. Definitely don't respond. I wanted to know how others towed a rib. I didn't ask for people to interject their opinions about te superiority of rowing, or rowing vs motoring. This can turn into whatever, it's a discussion. But when people start bickering at each other it's fair for me to nudge them to stop.

If someone posted what is the best rowing dink, would they want me to respond repeatedly about how much better an inflatable was? I don't. I just pass those threads by.

I ask like one question a week. That's not that much. I'm not bored at work. I'm towing my dinghy today. Get out of here anyways, did you have a single thing to add besides complaining about me?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.