SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
s/v Tiger Lily
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone kept a thermometer in their cabins to see how hot they get with everything shut, in the height of summer (I'm on the upper Chesapeake)? I have butane cartridges that say do not store in temperatures over 110 degrees F. :hothead

·
s/v Tiger Lily
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are little pressurized cartridges ... Yeah, I don't think that I am going to store them on the boat, but just thinking if someone left one on board etc. So, back to "How hot does your cabin get?"

·
Registered
23,856 Posts
With three 18,000 btu air conditioning units.... not very hot. (I'm such a jerk, couldn't resist)

Seriously, we don't leave the air conditioners running when we are away, just the dehumidifiers. We pull a shade or curtain over every single hatch and window, which makes a huge temp difference. Max is about 80 in the worst heat. If we left everything uncovered, I'm sure it would hit 100.

In fact, while commissioning in April, it would be upper 40s outside and I would open all the curtains and pull back hatch shades and it would be comfortably in the upper 60s in the cabin with no heat running. Green house affect.

Reactions: MedSailor

·
Working for next Boat
213 Posts
These are little pressurized cartridges ... snip

"How hot does your cabin get?"
I know the cans your talking about i have used that style for years on the road in the truck.

On my Venture sitting in the Fl sun it get up to about 90 or over 100 never check the temp, its a guess

·
Closet Powerboater
3,925 Posts
How hot does your cabin get?

That's a bit of a personal question..... Of course if you'd met my wife you wouldn't even have to ask. :cool::D:cool:

MedSailor

·
s/v Tiger Lily
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ha! If a lady's cabin requires a butane cartridge ... that is too much woman for me!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts