SailNet Community banner

181 - 200 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
21,799 Posts
Don't know how it is in the States but if they're together a year here, it's half each for everything.
Common Law marriage was a convenience established for couples who did not have access to State official marriages in their rural area. It has been bastardized to join couples who have no desire to be married or so obligated. Good business for diverse attorneys. Very few States in the US continue to have Common Law statues. Probably a big reason we kicked the British out, who I believe invented the idea. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
It was definitely risky and if it weren't for the full support of my family, I wouldn't have done it. Neither of us could do it entirely on our own and we've come up with some creative ways of making enough money to pay the boat together. Without risk there is less chance for reward, right? ;)

·
Registered
21,799 Posts
Anyone heard from the OP?

·
Admiral
51 Posts
It was definitely risky and if it weren't for the full support of my family, I wouldn't have done it. Neither of us could do it entirely on our own and we've come up with some creative ways of making enough money to pay the boat together. Without risk there is less chance for reward, right? ;)
Be VERY careful of your funds and your labor when involved in this boat girlgoessailing. I have seen more than one relationship hit the rocks and the fellow, well, he owns the boat. It says so on the title.

The girl works hard, makes the boat "their home to sail the Caribbean" and then when the pressure is on and things are nearing completion the man gets scared (my theory) and picks a multitude of fights with worker girl. She leaves.

He settles down now that expectations and all those promises he made are gone... then he finds the Princess Babe who takes the place of his former partner.

Of course that relationship fails too -- Princess doesn't want to actually break her nails or anything like that! ...

So owner wishes for original gal. In the meantime, she's moved on. Less money but far wiser.

Be very careful. Of course one hopes this doesn't happen to you. Just be aware that statistically, you're in a precarious position. I do wish you well.

·
Senior Moment Member
13,282 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
The same as when some months back someone asked why more minorities aren't sailing or someone else asked what happened to the young people.
Hey Im a 24yr old, half latina, female owner of three boats...... and I have no friends. But at least now I know I'm not the only one wondering why that is!

·
Senior Moment Member
13,282 Posts
Hang around somewhere where sailor guys hang out and you'll soon have LOTS of friends. :D

·
Senior Moment Member
13,282 Posts
Only the weak ones - we real men like strong women. :cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I like to take care of a woman. Taking care is giving respect. I don't see it as negative. I'd expect any woman paired up with me to be able to take care of herself. Half the watches on deck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Having been through similar from the other side of the gender coin, I heartily agree. Throw your heart into it but keep your head on square. Mind your pints and quarts. He or she may be the love of your life but they aint blood.

·
Senior Moment Member
13,282 Posts
Real men already have strong women. Leaves you looking for young unproven whelps. (or rejects ) (or transitionals)
"All the good ones are taken" :rolleyes:

Loser nonsense from both perspectives.

·
Administrator
5,911 Posts
Oh my.

·
One of None
8,045 Posts
the last 2 pages here are making me ill. :puke

This section of Sailnet proves that Male privilege is alive and well! More men post here then women!

(woke up in a pissy mood) :D

·
Senior Moment Member
13,282 Posts
the last 2 pages here are making me ill. :puke

This section of Sailnet proves that Male privilege is alive and well! More men post here then women!

(woke up in a pissy mood) :D
Sorry. ;)

·
Land lubber
1,421 Posts
Be VERY careful of your funds and your labor when involved in this boat girlgoessailing. I have seen more than one relationship hit the rocks and the fellow, well, he owns the boat. It says so on the title.

The girl works hard, makes the boat "their home to sail the Caribbean" and then when the pressure is on and things are nearing completion the man gets scared (my theory) and picks a multitude of fights with worker girl. She leaves.

He settles down now that expectations and all those promises he made are gone... then he finds the Princess Babe who takes the place of his former partner.

Of course that relationship fails too -- Princess doesn't want to actually break her nails or anything like that! ...

So owner wishes for original gal. In the meantime, she's moved on. Less money but far wiser.

Be very careful. Of course one hopes this doesn't happen to you. Just be aware that statistically, you're in a precarious position. I do wish you well.
Well, once she finishes working on the boat, why keep her? Bring her sailing to exotic ports is like bringing sand to the beach...

:p ... I'm kidding. I will be going sailing with my wife :)

181 - 200 of 409 Posts