SailNet Community banner

381 - 400 of 410 Posts

·
Old as Dirt!
3,488 Posts
To quote you: "rubbish!!!" Maybe this applies to the women you sail with, but it's not a general fact. The female cruisers I know do not fit your stereotypical characterization.

Having a backup head is fine, but on a smallish sailboat it is a huge space that could probably be better used for other purposes. But there is no universal right answer, and certainly not one driven by "Ladies."
Actually Mike, I agree with you. However, that sentiment is one expressed by my wife when she bought our current yacht (see my prior post on this thread, #17 on the first page) and since seconded by numerous other wives/girl friends at our club when the subject has come up for discussion. I finally conceded the point tho' our aft head often devolves to being naught save a "wet locker" during snotty weather on our travels.

·
One of None
8,040 Posts
OMG I happened upon a real whizzing contest! lol

·
One of None
8,040 Posts
Well, there is rubbish of the generic kind... ,and then there is male rubbish which Imo is unsolicited advice that all men must give no matter what, they, just have to, they just can't help it,

Ladies, just give him the wheel and megaphone and he'll and he'll be happy to rest of his life!

I p freely Belle a le tinkle

·
Old soul
4,955 Posts
Well, there is rubbish of the generic kind... ,and then there is male rubbish which Imo is unsolicited advice that all men must give no matter what, they, just have to, they just can't help it,

Ladies, just give him the wheel and megaphone and he'll and he'll be happy to rest of his life!

I p freely Belle a le tinkle
Denise, I’m going to assume there was a big :smile or :grin missing in there somewhere. Otherwise, your comment is as sexist as svHyLyte’s was.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am one and have owned my boat (44' Cheoy Lee) for over 20 years as the primary owner.
Currently in San Carlos, MX and I have met several women over the years that have owned their own boats. I am not typically a 'joiner' so am sure Pam Walls' information is schewed as there are others like me. There is a woman here that just pulled in who has a PDQ 36' (Cat), and is a single sailor.
Good luck with buying your boat. Go for it!

·
One of None
8,040 Posts
I had an Oday 30 close to 10 years,
Before that I had a hunter 23 for about 11 months, because it was so small, I sold it. if I hadn't gotten old so quickly OR the years haven't gone by so fast. The plan, was to have a 38 to 42 foot boat for myself. The dream is still there, the energy is gone

·
It's the Water and More
43 Posts
I own:
1984 Catalina 30 trbs
1983 Stamas 26 sport fisher
1983 Ocean Yachts 46 Sunliner
along with a RIB and Tender.
I own a fleet.

·
Administrator
5,921 Posts
I own:
1984 Catalina 30 trbs
1983 Stamas 26 sport fisher
1983 Ocean Yachts 46 Sunliner
along with a RIB and Tender.
I own a fleet.
Clearly I have much catching up to do!

·
Registered
23,712 Posts
I do!
Just curious, as a first timer looking at this group: why are so many men responding to a question addressed to women on "herSailnet?"
Because the answer to equality is not segregation, let alone the propensity for reverse discrimination that is often posted on this subforum. :wink

Get along while we can
Always give love the upper hand
Paint a wall, learn to dance
Call your mom, buy a boat
Drink a beer, sing a song
Make a friend, can't we all get along

Reactions: MikeOReilly

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sure, but, if someone asked "how many men here own their own boat?" why would I, a woman, feel the need to reply?

No need to answer, really. I can already see this is not the forum for me. Peace out.

·
Registered
23,712 Posts
Sure, but, if someone asked "how many men here own their own boat?" why would I, a woman, feel the need to reply?

No need to answer, really. I can already see this is not the forum for me. Peace out.
I hope you stay and enjoy our common interest. I don't think any fellas replied that they owned a boat. They joined the discussion tangentially, which is how all these conversations develop. It's all good, everyone are frineds here, let's talk boats......

Reactions: zeehag
381 - 400 of 410 Posts