8,045 Posts

·
Dirt Free
2,654 Posts
because we are asexual ?

·
Registered
21,761 Posts
Broad dispersions cast against an entire gender. Ironic, isn’t it.

Reactions: PhilCarlson

·
12,120 Posts
Sure, but, if someone asked "how many men here own their own boat?" why would I, a woman, feel the need to reply?

No need to answer, really. I can already see this is not the forum for me. Peace out.
I hope you stay active and contribute to the discussions. Diversity is a strength of SailNet.

We don’t restrict any of the threads even though their titles may be specific.
For instance the Chesapeake threads , the largest one, boaters from all over the country post in it.

Boat knowledge and questions knows no boundaries of sex, age, orientation, religion, sexual preference, etc. I have found this site to be progressive and open minded.

We all learn from each other.

Segregating a particular section goes against the openness I believe in and become another form of discrimintion.

Welcome aboard😃

·
Registered
926 Posts
Not quite. I once posted on the Chesapeake thread. It was winter and I casually mentioned that we had enjoyed a nice sail that day. I was lambasted for 'rubbing in the fact that I went sailing in winter', in Canada. Still read it but haven't contributed since.

·
Aspiring Boat Bum
292 Posts
Sure, but, if someone asked "how many men here own their own boat?" why would I, a woman, feel the need to reply?

No need to answer, really. I can already see this is not the forum for me. Peace out.
Very sorry to hear you feel this way. As others have said, it's all about openess and inclusion, not exclusion of anyone on any thread for any reason.

Surely you might want to comment on a thread that asked men about their boats. For example, if a man posted he owned an S&S 38 and you were really interested in that particular model would you not post on a "man's thread" to ask about the boat, how he liked it, how it sailed or whatever?

Please do stick around. This forum is truly not anti woman in any way but it is the internet and people do tend to post when, where and what they like.

401 - 409 of 409 Posts