SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
173 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will soon be leaving our winter berth to go cruising for the next five or six months.
Hopefully the boat has been prepared over winter so all we need to know now is where we are going.
We have a very rough idea in that it will be Tunisia, Sardinia, Corsica, Malta and Sicily. Nothing is set is stone though and this may well change.
I suppose really we don't decide where we will go until the night before or morning of departure.

I just wondered how much planning and preparation people put in for an extended cruise?
Is it on a whim or where the wind is or do you have your whole cruise planned out?

· Registered
173 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"Tunisia, Sardinia, Corsica, Malta and Sicily"

Very good plan for a cruise. I am always afraid to visit all northern African countries by boat. It is a good idea to check the current sitiuation in Tunisia. The politics, the behaviour of local authorities, theft etc. are some of the issues to be checked.
Sicily is quiet expensive to get hauled out so a lot of people here hop the 150 miles across there to get the work done. It is cheaper, duel is less than half price and they apparently do a good job. We are in contact with people down there. Just need the odd bottle of spirits to help pave the way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.