SailNet Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Aeolus II
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am digging out (well, the truth is, with my broken foot still in an ugly boot, my neighbor dug me out) of my 6" here in Gaithersburg. I am wondering just how much we got at the boat in Shadyside? And in other areas on The Bay?

·
Registered
128 Posts
We got about 8-10" of the stuff here in Chesapeake Beach which is a stones throw from your boat. Our snow was also pretty heavy stuff. My boat is on the hard so I'm not as worried but will go check on it after work tomorrow.

For those times you can't get over here I could run up and check her for you too you know.

I lived in GBurg for a couple years and get up that way almost every other week for Corvette Club meetings, so I know what the drive can be like just to go check on the boat.

·
Registered
Tartan 37
5,426 Posts
The Corvette Museum...the owner is a very interesting & knowledgeable character? Neat place, they built the first of new supercharged vette.

Sorry about the off topic post ;)

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
up in baltimore we got 3 inches but the wind stopped any build up on my boat beside the cockpit. it was also very light powder

·
Banned
12,366 Posts
6 inches in Parkville/ Whiemarsh area

·
Registered
994 Posts
An't Life a Beach

Got few inches (5/6 too much) suppose to put my mast up today! Been working real hard to get ready. Not happening. Rigger told me I was crazy, guess he knows me quite well. Put it off til Thurs. Please keep that white stuff away!!!!!!!!!!!! Please! And the ice too!

·
Aeolus II
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
An update... as I may have mentioned earlier, I had broken my foot in late January. I was in this ugly and not too stable boot. So, safety precluded me from checking the boat. I was worried about snow melt and had visions of several feet of water in the cabin. I finally got the boot off and made my way to the boat and to my surprise and relief the boat was dry! Now its spring and time to redo the bottom, etc...

·
Tartan 37C
501 Posts
Glad to hear the boat is in good shape Joe. I didn't catch that you were concerned that you weren't able to check on her. You should have just posted as I would have been more than happy to drop by for you, as I'm just south of you on Herring Bay.

·
Aeolus II
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the offer, my good friend and landlord was down several times and checked to make sure she was near her waterline. And I have a neighbor friend who lives 200 yards away from the boat and he would have gone down if I had asked.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts