SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The material seems to be in good shape.
It is stapled to the board that is at the top of the locker.
It is not removeable.

How to clean weekly?

How to do a deep clean?

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't understand your description of a cloth settee stapled to a board in a locker that is not removable, but for fabric in general, we have used a small steam cleaner like the Bissell ones for this type of thing. Something like this: BISSELL Little Green ProHeat Portable Deep Cleaner 2513G

Mark
Thanks, I'll check it out.
Many boats have a board with a finger hole in it that covers the tanks or lockers under the settee seats.
Then the cushions that you sit on are placed on top of that board.

The Dehler has the cushion and the board as a single unit. The fabric is stapled in the bottom of the board.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
I didn't understand your description of a cloth settee stapled to a board in a locker that is not removable, but for fabric in general, we have used a small steam cleaner like the Bissell ones for this type of thing. Something like this: BISSELL Little Green ProHeat Portable Deep Cleaner 2513G

Mark
You can also pretty much do this with a shop vac. Pick the right cleaner (Borax-based cleaner), apply with soft scrub brush, and then vac dry within 10 minutes. Repeat several times untill the water is coming out clean. Oxiclean is good for a whitening every few years, but it requires a long soak and may not apply to this.

But products such as suggested above are really nice, useful at home and for the car as well.

Weekly is probably not worth the trouble. Unless you extract (pull out with a vacuum) you are just smearing dirt around. Not like hard surface cleaning.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
I take my boat cushions home ieach fall and store in my basement. They get a deep clean with a Bissel carpet cleaning machine using the "Tools" feature. After they dry, I spray with Scotchguard. After years of the annual Scotchguard treatment, they stay pretty clean over the season.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts