SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Depends. You didn't mention what sort of status she has. Wife, significant other, long term, short term, mother of your kids, young french girl hitchhiking around the world on sailboat, etc. If it is your wife, mother of your kids, or a SO, try artbyjody's suggestion. If a GF type of woman, you have more options which in turn depend on what type of GF she is, what her status is. Before we can give you advice, we need more information about your woman.

·
AEOLUS II
2,938 Posts
Depends. You didn't mention what sort of status she has. Wife, significant other, long term, short term, mother of your kids, young french girl hitchhiking around the world on sailboat, etc. If it is your wife, mother of your kids, or a SO, try artbyjody's suggestion. If a GF type of woman, you have more options which in turn depend on what type of GF she is, what her status is. Before we can give you advice, we need more information about your woman.
The consummate Sailnet reply!! :laugher

Me??

I just let things get so filthy she can't stand it any more!!

·
One of None
8,210 Posts
Your wife is secretly looking for a sailor that can impress her with his spotless within and out boat that is BIGGER then yours!

·
One of None
8,210 Posts
May Davey Jones have pity on the soul of the man that demands his wife clean "his" boat while at sea...

Remember that lady that came back to port alone, claiming her mate was taken during a storm one night? Well, he thought she would clean his boat too!

·
Registered
355 Posts
May Davey Jones have pity on the soul of the man that demands his wife clean "his" boat
Look at it from this perspective:

She has "house chores" that are important to her - dusting, vacuuming, laundry, grocery shopping, meal planning, not to mention, gardening, etc - to make the house attractive (shipshape?) and a positive reflection of HER (at whatever level she determines is sufficient and appropriate).

Now, you present her with ANOTHER "HOUSE" and say "fix this too" and "BTW, honey, isn't this FUN!?!?!".

You are essentially asking her to do her same (never fun, pretty boring) chores in another location, with FEWER tools, CRAMPED spaces, and LIMITED resources in the HOT SUN, and trying to con her with "this is a break from the grind; playtime on the boat".

If you haven't pulled your weight with house #1, line yourself up for a big BITE ME

'cause if it was that much FUN, you'd be doing it yourself:laugher

·
One of None
8,210 Posts
The 50's image of happy house wife in a dress, pearls and heels (June cleaver) waltzing around the house happy and fufilled makes me feel sea sick! Maybe some of the guys should have Mommy clean for them! After all, she bought your underwear and cooked your breakfast every morning when you lived with her!

Oh my! my angry feminist side is stirred up now!

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm with you on this...

Nothing gets my dander up faster than whines about "you never help with OUR boat".

Funny how it's HIS boat when I'm not docking "carefully enough" :laugher

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Apparently the OP"s "women" has no financial interest in the boat. Because the conversation would go something like this if it were my wife and me!

Me: Hey honey why don't you clean up the boat so I can go sailing.

Wife: Hey honey why don't we clean up the so we can go sailing.

Me: Thats not what I had in mind, honey.

Wife: I know, Honey.

Me: Oh! come on and clean up the boat for me, Honey!

Wife: OK, but I can't do right now, but I go down to the boat later and get it done. But if you are not going to help I don't want you getting in my way, Honey!

Me: Your the best, Honey!

Next day!

Wife: Honey, I got my half of the boat clean.

Me: What do you mean your half, Honey?

Wife: I mean my half. The one I cleaned and the Half I sold to the the 15 Haitian refugee's that moved aboard last night. Honey!

Me: What?

Wife: Happy sailing, Honey! Your the best!:D

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Maybe some of the guys should have Mommy clean for them!
Don't give them ideas.

Oh my! my angry feminist side is stirred up now!
Easy, Denise, easy! Not to spoil their fun, but I think you're being trolled ;)

The Admiral does more cleaning on the boat than I, it's true. She's also done sewing (settee cushion repair, new curtains; matching winch and tiller covers, safety-line pads), refinishing of many of the wood bits and most of the waxing. I help with the cleaning and waxing, and do all the mechanical work--from rigging, to electrical, to engine and drive-train, etc.

IOW: We each play to our strengths wrt boat work.

Jim

1 - 20 of 47 Posts