1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I've always used a tape measure myself...:D

·
S/V Lilo, Islander 32
249 Posts
FX Sails has some worksheets you can print out that tell you what to measure. One for the main sail and one for the head sail. I used them for measuring mine and thought they where helpful.

Also, you might want to look into used sails for that boat, I just bought a new used main from Bacon Sails & Marine Supplies, they have a good selection and a good search engine of their stock. Also google around, there are plenty other sail lofts that sell used sails.

I am going to fit the new-to-me main today or tomorrow, then I guess I will find out how good my measurements are.. ;)

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, I was expecting this to take awhile. Artbyjody, thats exactly what i was needing, thank you. All of the advice is great, Selkirk the problem I have with ordering them from a place like that is Money, I am, like all of us I assume, not wanting to spend a fortune for new sails, so I found a marina that deals primarily with powerboats but does have alot of used sails in bags and not much to do with them, I was told I could go out and measure them (with my Tape measure Boasun :) ) , the price he quoted was awsome I think, I just had no clue how to get the right size.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts