SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not new to sailing, but new to sailing in shallow water! Seattle is home, Houston is current residence. We just bought our first boat here - Cal 25-2. Looking forward to being on the water, but still cleaning up the boat and getting it outfitted to our comforts. Won't be long now though, and we'll be out on Galveston Bay.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome aboard knormb:
I am new here myself, although not new to sailing. I have been lurking and reading the different posts and all I can say is WOW! There are many fine folks here and the knowledge base is enormous! It would appear that whatever you need to know, someone here has the answer. Or at least can point you in the right direction.
So don't be a stranger, jump on in!

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
Hi Knormb,

Texas here too. That Galveston Bay is fine sailing. Clearlake is such a nice Marina. We are looking at buying a little vacation house on Matagorda Bay. If we do, I want to move my boat. Welcome to you and yours.

Philip

·
Wandering Aimlessly
22,037 Posts
Welcome aboard. Yes,shallow water, but still lots of room to sail. Plus, come October, you have the Harvest Moon Regatta. Where are you keeping your boat down there?

·
1997 Dehler 33
745 Posts
To the new members above, welcome to the board. Wow, new sailors from Texas, Alabama, and Tasmania, this is great!!

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
uspirate wrote
Welcome aboard. i was born and raised in Houston. but the poster above /l\ is a troll. once again i say

Yeah I marked it earlier, I'm surprised it's still there.

·
1997 Dehler 33
745 Posts
uspirate wrote
Welcome aboard. i was born and raised in Houston. but the poster above /l\ is a troll. once again i say

Yeah I marked it earlier, I'm surprised it's still there.
I just PM'd Cam and he took care of it! Thanks Cam.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I just PM'd Cam and he took care of it! Thanks Cam.
Yeah Cam dose like that red button. You got to be careful or he gets carried away and deletes lines, post and even entire threads.:D

Sometimes he just likes to add stuff to posts too to screw with your mind!
By the way...has anyone figured out how to convert women's shoe sizes to mens? I saw a pair of Prada pumps on line that I am just dying to try on.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome to Texas. I wanted to go to Seattle from Montana, but the wife said NO and back to Texas we came.

We're over on the Matagorda Bay at Port O'Connor. Drop me an email (conagher60 at gmail.com) if you get over this way. Same with you Philip.

Fair Winds
David

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Yeah Cam dose like that red button. You got to be careful or he gets carried away and deletes lines, post and even entire threads.:D

Sometimes he just likes to add stuff to posts too to screw with your mind!
By the way...has anyone figured out how to convert women's shoe sizes to mens? I saw a pair of Prada pumps on line that I am just dying to try on.

Cam you're dead meat!!!!!

You don't know this but I have connections in high places at Sailnet.:D

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
As our local Portugee would say...Bastardo Sujo...which roughly translates to BITE ME Denby!! :D

BTW...is your AT&T DSL line running a bit slow??? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....the shadow knows!! :D
You know me and these new fang-dangle things........where is my slide rule.:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the welcomes. At least I think most of the posts were welcomes, not sure about Denby. We're in Clear Lake at the South Shore Harbor marina - at least for now, but looking to move closer to the bay.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Thanks for the welcomes. At least I think most of the posts were welcomes, not sure about Denby. We're in Clear Lake at the South Shore Harbor marina - at least for now, but looking to move closer to the bay.
Yeah, I welcomed you aboard, second post. But not to long after that there was a spammer and that is what max-on and I where talking about, then Cam started to screw around with the post with his magic moderator powers. Some of my post on this thread are not all mine, Cam added a few lines. :eek: Thats ok, pay back can be a [email protected]#$.:D :D :D

I know people in high places at Sailnet. Or is that low places.:confused:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts