SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The Brinlae Rose Lives
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I know I'm not the only Texafornian around, but I could be the only one who's proud of it. I am baby new to sailing, having gone out just a few times on sunfish, Hobie cats and some fantastic trips to Catalina on a...wait for it...Catalina 38:laugher . I am the proud new owner of a 78 Bucc 18. I got her for a steal in Austin a few weeks back, and I and a friend of mine are slowly putting her back together. She had been badly neglected in someone's front yard, and needs some lovin', for sure we will get her up and going soon.
I was born and raised in California and moved to Texas two years ago. I love the individuality of both places (hence the Texafornia lable) and I am stoked to sail in Texas. I know that there are dozens of folks here that posess very valuable know how and tips on the noble Buccaneer, I would love to hear from all of you. I have never sailed a large dinghy before, and I'm a little spooked. So far, I've heard that Buccs are finniky little buggers, and one needs to be set to capsize. This I think would be fine and fun for me, but not so much for my lovely wife. Blessings to all of you.

The Brinlae Rose Lives

1 - 2 of 2 Posts