SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Argentina. With a friend in Miami we purchase this beatifull boat but totally in parts. We spend more than 2 year restoring the boat. Now is time to put al the pieces in their place. I took many fotos from several similar Hughes wich were on sale. Can anny hell mi to fine a Hughes manual or where y can see the electric and plumbing circuit and instalation? Can annybody be in contact with me to ask him where are the place to instal the diesel tank, wather heater etc? Thank to all the members of the forum who read this message for help.Abel

·
Super Moderator
Farr 11.6 (Farr 38)
10,702 Posts
The Hughes 38 was a Sparkman and Stephens design # 1903. They can be reached at Sparkman & Stephens Yacht Design, Naval Architects, Yacht Sales and Yacht Charters You may be able to get design drawings from Sparkman and Stephen's archives. That should show pretty much everything that you need.

A version of the same design was built by Hinckley. There is an image of the Hinckley version on SailBoatData.com showing one of the tanks HINCKLEY 38 sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com.

For what its worth, I seriously doubt that your boat was built in 1983. Hughes went bankrupt around 1980-81 or so and the company that bought the assets did not make any of the 38's. It would be helpful to accurately determine the year your boat was made since the design changed quite a bit over the years.

·
May God Bless You
126 Posts
lets see some pics!
jon

·
Old enough to know better
4,354 Posts
The Hughes 38 was a Sparkman and Stephens design # 1903. They can be reached at Sparkman & Stephens Yacht Design, Naval Architects, Yacht Sales and Yacht Charters You may be able to get design drawings from Sparkman and Stephen's archives. That should show pretty much everything that you need.

A version of the same design was built by Hinckley. There is an image of the Hinckley version on SailBoatData.com showing one of the tanks HINCKLEY 38 sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com.

For what its worth, I seriously doubt that your boat was built in 1983. Hughes went bankrupt around 1980-81 or so and the company that bought the assets did not make any of the 38's. It would be helpful to accurately determine the year your boat was made since the design changed quite a bit over the years.
My guess is they bought it as a kit and completed it in 83, I believe they are supposed to register it as the year the hull was made. But I can see someone who spent 8 or 10 or more years working on finishing a boat wanting it to "brand new" when they registered it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.