SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some opinions on this design and if it would be good for blue water sailling. It is a Sparkman and Stephens design I believe first introduced in 1956 it has gone under different names I believe that 50 of these boats were built. I am not looking to buy a boat and go blue water sailing rite away I have many years of experience but mostly in the Great Lakes wich is much different then an Ocean. I have been interrested in blue water sailling since I started sailling. I have an opportunity to crew on a trip fron Nova Scotia to the Azores with an experienced skipper witch should be a great experience. I am just looking for opinions on the boat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We owned a NorthStar 48 in Toronto for a number of years. The Boats name was Gabe's Ghost. This was an excellent boat on the great lakes but would also be a great Blue Water boat.

-Jeff.

·
19,489 Posts
..... I have an opportunity to crew on a trip fron Nova Scotia to the Azores with an experienced skipper witch should be a great experience. I am just looking for opinions on the boat.
if you're planning to join a skipper Witch, I'd be looking for opinions on the skipper!! ;) :p ;)

Reactions: miatapaul
1 - 3 of 3 Posts