SailNet Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Ericson 26
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going through the electrical of my 1969 Ericson 26 and there are 3 transponder looking devices that aren't hooked up to anything. Correction. One I believe is connected to my GPS/sonar. Anyone know what these are?
Electricity Electrical wiring Cable Gas Audio equipment
Automotive tire Wood Road surface Gas Asphalt

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
The odd shaped one upper left is a transom mount sounder for a "fish finder" type display, one next to it looks like it maybe removable for cleaning and thus MIGHT be a speed transducer. The other appears fixed and could be a depth transducer. I'm only positive about the first one.

·
Registered
Ericson 26
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@ capttb: I think this might be likely. The GPS has a fish finder setting in the instructions. There is a speedometer in the cockpit that has power to it, but never seemed to work.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
first picture one on the right is a Airmar P79 depth transducer. on the left is a transom mount depth transducer

·
One of None
Hunter 34
8,473 Posts
Wood Automotive tire Bottle Gas Musical instrument
Drinkware Wood Bottle cap Serveware Bottle
Well you don't have to be an expert to know everything electronic is obsolete overnight!

Pretty sure I discovered why my data Marine speed and depth doesn't work even though it's not actually needed because the old Garmin 541 has the depth and speed. Paddle wheel Transducer just laying there ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts