SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the owner of a 2004 Hunter 216. Over the past two years it has developed two cracks in the cabin top which start at the mast port and radiate out and down the side. I've used Devcon Plastic weld to repair both but it does not seem to hold up. Hunter recommended this product and approach. Has any experienced problems with the composite plastic hulls?

·
Old enough to know better
4,345 Posts
I know they were issues with the 170 cracking. I believe it was mostly with boats that were in northern climates and they seem to crack. I don't know if it the same for the 216. Hunter was giving discounts on the "new and improved" model like a $1000 or so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that info. Since I posted my problem I've been talking with a number of folks in the composite plastic business and received as many ideas as people canvassed. My most recent effort however has been to stop by the local body shop and viola I may have found something that will work. It a material they use for bonding bumpers and doing body work. They tried a bit on the hatch cover which has also cracked when I stepped on it. It looks ugly right now but it seems to have really made a pretty strong bond. Will keep you posted. I've also heard some horror stories from dealers who sold the HCT boats. Thanks again for your input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.