SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey roomies... Yes I like to look forward to hurricane season preparedness especially since i have a 25 k plus investment, PAID FOR.. Sure I can just leave it docked at the marina and tie her up good, but have seen too many pics and stories from IKE hitting galveston area. I am located 80 miles sw of there in Palacios Texas. sitting on matagorda bay about 18 miles from the big matagorda jetties to the gulf. Serendipity resort where I am docked has floating docks and is fairly new and in excellent shape. But I really would not want to picture this marina in a 12-15 foot storm surge. Not a perty site. My options would be to head east via the ICW and motor up the Colorado river 7-8 miles. That far up it is still 16-20 foot deep and has very high banks on each side and still quite wide. I think the matagorda shrimp fleet goes up there and rides it out They raft together. Never seen it but have been up there many times. As the crow flys this said safe area would be only about 8 miles inland of gulf. So anyways, any tips on anchoring tieng up etc?? Thanks

mark

·
Registered
995 Posts
We have a large, running thread on that in General TOpic. We make it a sticky every year close to season. You are more than welcome to make a search for it now, or wait until time is closer and I will make it a sticky. Nothing to worry about for a while, though. You are just now entering some good sailing weather!!

- CD

1 - 2 of 2 Posts