SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All!

I've been researching solutions for the dampness that forms under our sleeping berths. I have read great reviews about HyperVent, but wonder if there any other materials that you may recommend?...perhaps something a bit cheaper? (HyperVent website says $12/sq. ft.)

I'm all for DIY, so if there is a non-marine material I can use, that would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Natalie

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
That price is ridiculous. Defender sells 39" wide rolls by the foot for $9.99. That would be about $3/sqft.

I did every berth aboard with it. Makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
How easy is the Froli system to get underneath? All our berths have storage below. Fairly simple to just pull the hypervent aside and lay it back down.

·
Old enough to know better
4,345 Posts
I have seen people use the mesh material that you use on a roof cap under the asphalt shingles. It is cheaper than the price you listed, but not than the price from Defender. The other issue is the roofing material comes in narrow rows of like one foot. Seems it would shift around.

·
112 Posts
How easy is the Froli system to get underneath? All our berths have storage below. Fairly simple to just pull the hypervent aside and lay it back down.
Well, it is fairly easy - I just roll it up to access the storage below as the springs are connected to form a sheet of sorts. On the other hand, if I had to do it on a daily basis, I probably would have a different opinion as after every move / role-up there usually is a connection or two that needs to be adjusted. Not a big deal but on a very frequent basis may get annoying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts