SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 26' 1978 Luger Tradewinds sailboat that I am restoring. This is my first Sailboat, I have been a power yacht guy but am trying some thing new. At the price of fuel, I thought this would be economical and fun. I will be in the California Delta.
Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi cm1sailor
Welcome aboard.
Nice looking boat. The restore should be fun.
With your restoration, do not neglect the trailer.
Brakes, bearings, tires, electricals and hitch.
Pay special attention to internal rust. A coat of paint can hide the devil!
I am guessing that if you have had power boats that you are aware of all this, but I just had to mention.

There is a trailersailer site based in Australia that also has a wealth of info of restorations.
Might be of some help. Home - Trailer Sailer Place

Trailer Sailer Place - Index page

All the best

gary

·
Unhinged and Fluid
70 Posts
in the future id trailer it with the mast resting on the bow and stern railings, not dangling half over the truck. theres no support on the front of the mast and the bouncing could bend it or cause excessive stress.

welcome to the windy side of boating!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome! I'm certain you'll find that sailing has a certain appeal that stinkboats just don't have.

(Fair warning though: sailboat is still a boat: and boat bucks are still required. Bust Out Another Thousand etc).

·
Registered
1999 Beneteau 50
172 Posts
What a perfect boat to start with..... I'm envious. I see so many people at our marina who buy too much boat and then never get to enjoy it due to budget, fear of docking, or scarcity of crew. A perfect boat for gunkholing around the Puget Sound if you ever get up this way.

·
Barquito
3,843 Posts
in the future id trailer it with the mast resting on the bow and stern railings, not dangling half over the truck. theres no support on the front of the mast and the bouncing could bend it or cause excessive stress.

welcome to the windy side of boating!
They may have set it up that way because there was not enough tongue weight to trailer safely. Otherwise, agree.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts