SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

I have located a hard dodger for my boat but it's in Georgia...

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  nereussailor 
#1 ·
It's for my Cascade 29. Anyone ever ship anything this big? I have never done this before and could use a little help on how to get this thing shipped to Oregon. Is there a shipping company that can do this type of delivery without breaking the bank?

TIA for any help guys (and gals)!!

#2 ·
If your on the same continent try asking one of the local bus or truck companies if they can move it for you on a low priority basis (they often have runs where they are returning empty otherwise so this sort of thing can help offset the fuel bills, works in Australia anyway)

if not try the airlines as they do this too, you will have to go to the airport/bus/truck depot yourself though as the couriers don't like you taking out the most profitable part of their job (the courier companies do the same thing for low priority jobs)

Sorry, didn't know where you are or which Georgia the dodger is in.

Dave.

#3 ·
Try U-Ship, It's an ebay company that you place the Item to be shipped on their website, and companies bid on shipping the item. Be careful about who you choose, check feedback from other customers, be careful of the shipping contract (Read it over for hidden charges) and give a big window for getting the item to you.( This will give you a better chance at getting a return trip from somewhere, making it cheaper)
I had my boat shipped from Northern Wisconsin to East Central Florida for $2900 by a company called EMI transport. I can't say enough about how great of a job they did and How easy they were to work with.

uShip - The Online Shipping Marketplace - Ship Freight, Furniture, Vehicles or Moves

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.