SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I''d like a trailerable boat 24-26 feet with a displacement of ~4,500 Lbs. I''d like a lifting keel that will allow me to beach the boat, sail in shallow water, remove weeds, etc. I''d like a racer/cruiser (but more racer) that is not too spartan on the inside for cruising/overnighting. I want the boat to sleep ~4 people. I want a boat that is not older than 15 years. I''d like stiff, solid contruction--no "oiling canning" of the deck when a bigger guy like me walks on it. I''ve done a fair amount of investigation so far but my efforts haven''t yielded my idea of a perfect boat yet. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
9,271 Posts
Except for the 4500 lb displacement,(which is grossly excessive for a 26 foot or less boat) the ideal boat fitting that discription would be the Tripp 26. These are not exactly beachable but then again you should not beach any boat this size if you like the boat well enough that you plan to own for a reasonable period of time. Beaching is tough on a boat this size.

While the Tripp 26 is not exactly an inexpensive boat, they are quite competitive, ramp launchable and have a moderate overnighting interior for "a racer/cruiser(but more racer)" assuming the owner ordered the boat that way. I know of no 23 to 26 foot race oriented boats with a retractable keel will offer very comfortable overnight accomodations for 4 people. it is an oxymoron.

Other choices would include the B-25, Mirage (Florida)23, S2 7.9, Schock 235, Hotfoot 24, and the Ranger Formula Un (FUN).

Good hunting
Jeff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts