·
Vikingsailor
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It needed to be said.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I love my 1986 Sabre 30. By any chance have you installed airconditioning on your Sabre 30? If so what and where did you install? How is it working?

·
Vikingsailor
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, no a/c. I live in Maine...usually not much call for cooling. My wife wants HEAT!

·
Somewhat Senior Member
619 Posts
Glad for you both, I love my 1977 Sabre 34. It does have AC, thru hull and pump under port settee, condenser is in the bottom portion of hanging locker.

A Sabre 30 was the first sailboat I fell in love with. It belonged to a friend, hull number 12, and it was one sweet boat.

Sabres Rule! (and they are made in Maine)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love my Sabre 30 also. We are now in the middle of repowering from our old Volvo to a new Yanmar. There is a problem since the engine rotates in the opposite direction. Has anyone experienced any problem with an existing off center shaft and repowering to a new engine with opposite rotation? Handling problems? Excessive rudder mechanics needed?
s/v Solace
Harpswell. ME

·
Unpaid Intern
992 Posts
We have a 1984 Sabre 34 that we love. My first experience with Sabre was a 30 though--probably a '79-ish. Growing up, my family had an O'Day 28. It took us everywhere, even up and down the east coast. It was a great boat, but it was still an O'Day (no offense to O'Day owners). Another family in our sailing association had a Sabre 30. I didn't know a lot about boat construction at the time (I was like 11 years old), but I knew that Sabre was a nice boat. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
:laugherNeed info on repowering a westerbeke 18 with a yanmar22 in a 30ft 1986 sabre mrkIII.
Any problems with new engine mount &/or need for stern tube renewal?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking at both S 30 MK III and S 32. Any advice would be appreciated:

1) How tender / stiff are the boats? How many knots when you put a reef in?

2) Would describe the helm as balanced?

3) Key questions to ask sellers?

4) Key things to inspect (will be getting survey too, of course)

5) Other

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts