SailNet Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today I practice at cascais, With waves of 5.50 meters waves (more big than the size of an optimist mast) and 23 knots wind... mother nature was:eek: scarey and:hothead angry very :mad: angry

I liked very much to sail iun Cascais, but tomorrow I have more sailing.;) ;)

I did not cap size,:D may be tommorrow I have photos, ok?

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
ahhhh, but if you are to do BFS, one needs pics too you know, not to mention the new race jacket does help.............

It was probably a lot of fun in reality, bigger waves like that are easier than smaller ones to a point, as then you can sail up and over vs trying to sail thru or get swamped by them.

have fun tomorrow!

marty

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Hey, Fred, I have Henri Lloyd "bib overalls" (look it up or ask your dad...they are sailing trousers if the sailor drove a tractor...) in the same colour!

That's nice gear. Do you need me to send you a proper Canadian woolen watch cap? Your ears will never get cold....

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
You go Fred... :) Look forward to seeing the photos... :)

·
never convicted
482 Posts
Nice jacket, Fred---very classy and very salty----5.50 meter waves!!!!! WOW!!! That is scary for most sailors-- Good job! We always like to hear about your races, so keep us informed--- and always be safe.

·
Roadkillibus Texanis
1,602 Posts
Way to go Fred!!! What a fine sailor you are! We're proud to know you!

How cold is that water? :confused:

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,137 Posts
Fred,
I remember standing on the sea wall at the Cascais marina watching some lasers and windsurfers out there having a great time. Me and your old man were too chicken to go out there with them....:laugher

Sounds like fun, let us know how the racing went .....

Cheers

·
1,000 Posts
Guys...from Fred....25 - 30 knots true..22 foot waves....in some frammes you can see the sails disappear...I am proud of Fred...he is a strong wind sailor

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i125.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid125.photobucket.com/albums/p61/giuliettacsc/FREDCASCAIS2008.flv">

·
Still gettin his sea legs
17 Posts
You both went sailing this Saturday? Wow... respect to both of you :)

We cancelled our Saturday afternoon sailing because of the weather... last weekend was rough enough for us.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You both went sailing this Saturday? Wow... respect to both of you :)

We cancelled our Saturday afternoon sailing because of the weather... last weekend was rough enough for us.

:D :D :cool: :cool: :cool:

yes we went saturday and also sunday..all day

and tomorrwo I go all day also with my dad, for more practice.

want to come?:cool: :cool:

we are in cascais at 9:30am

:cool: :cool:

·
Thanks Courtney.
3,954 Posts
Well done Fred! Looks like you were having fun. Thanks for the video too!

How are you doing getting used to the new boat? Is it faster than your old one?

·
Still gettin his sea legs
17 Posts
Adorava ir assistir, e por acaso não vou trabalhar amanhã, mas vou passar o dia todo a fazer as compras de Natal...

Boa vela para os dois!

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Sailnet - raise your mugs to Optimania, winner of the 2008 BFS Cup!!!

Fred - sailing a dinghy in that ocean and that wind was amazing! You are truly a big freakin' sailor, dude. I admire you...honestly.

Congratulations. The Eurpies owe you in a big way!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts