SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello good people of the sailing world.
This is the first time I have ever used a forum other than reading a few over the years. I just bought a used 22 foot catalina for my teenage boys. We went out of town for a few weeks and someone has stolen the keel... It sounds crazy but it is true. If anyone can help us with information on finding a keel or buying a used one it would be greatly appreciated. We live in the Rockwall area of the Dallas...
972-481-4188

:)

· Registered
4 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a 86 catalina, I am an old windsurfer so I am not familiar with sail boats. I know that the keel weighed over 700lbs. I was going to repair the broken brackets that it attached to. It is not a fixed keel but I am sure you guys know that by now. Anyway it was a gift for my boys... We just recently moved to Gulf Breeze Florida and are in the process of moving our two boats. After this drama passes maybe I will be able to get some advice on the 1984 32' carver I just purchased... I was sure there would be some boat yard with a wrecked carver somewhere in the florida area I moved to...
Thanks everyone for the advise

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.