SailNet Community banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Almost land locked sailor
21 Posts
puddinlegs,

Thanks for the message - it does really help. The more time i spend with boats and chatting on sailnet, the more i am learning.

Cheers

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just an update. I did finally get the Ensenada. After a few mishaps (blew a tire, blew a brake line, and found out the gas motor didnt work for the boat) I finally got her home.

In case anyone wanted to know about the barnacles, they are, at some places, 3in thick attached to the hull. Surprisingly, even with the beard she sailed very well and quicker than I anticipated.

Lowering the mast scared the #$&@ out of me. It was the first time I had ever taken one down but now that I did I feel dumb for feeling that way.

Overall, a very good day.

·
Almost land locked sailor
21 Posts
...After a few mishaps (blew a tire, blew a brake line, and found out the gas motor didnt work for the boat) I finally got her home...

...about the barnacles, they are, at some places, 3in thick...

Lowering the mast scared the #$&@ out of me. It was the first time I had ever taken one down but now that I did I feel dumb for feeling that way.
I see you have had fun with her already! Glad to hear you are enjoying her.

As for the barincles, they shouldn't be a problem. Dry her out for a tide and give her a scrub and a quick coat of anti-foul - that will speed her up!

Masts need not be scary. How did you lower it? (i.e. block & tackle, 'a' frame, or big beefy muscle power!)

Enjoy your new boat, you got a good bargain there!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts