SailNet Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I think I have identified my next boat purchase. After significant research I am looking for a boat known as a Stiletto 27 made by Force Engineering out of Sarasota. She was made mid 70s through the mid 80s.

I have exhausted my knowledge of online boat classified ads.

Anyone seen a recent ad? Know of someone who may want to sell? I would appreciate any assistance in locating a for sale specimen.

Thanks!

·
Junior Mumbler
29 Posts
XORT, That was hopefully a good save. It's tough if you feel like you made up your mind about something , then (new) information is presented. I have changed my mind more then once about my next purchase because of research and feedback. I got my mits on a bunch of old Practical Sailor mags. In each issue they review a particular boat and usually give great info about said company. I haven't seen any mention of stoners though.;)

·
Hudson sailor
13 Posts
I know someone who bought a stilletto, used, likes it and knows a lot about boats having been in the boat building and selling industry all his working life. Tell me if you want to make an email connection. [email protected]

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
wasn't really making a comment either way...I found some info and passed it on. could be bogus info for all I know. not much out there

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, The composite layup can be VERY expensive to repair but I would assume to buy a used one with a solid structure. It seems to hold up well as there are still many of them still in use.

The story about the hull failure is the first I have read. Hopefully that means it is a rare event.

Is there something i'm missing??? A poor reputation? Poor craftmanship? Poor handling?

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Andre—

You shouldn't post your e-mail address in machine readable form unless you like a lot of SPAM. Use the following form instead:

Andre {dot} venables {at} gmail {dot} com

or something similar. :)
I know someone who bought a stilletto, used, likes it and knows a lot about boats having been in the boat building and selling industry all his working life. Tell me if you want to make an email connection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts