SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

I Want To Clarify Some Things

8K views 46 replies 20 participants last post by  Coquina 
It concerns us greatly how people see us. We just want to be left alone and allowed to raise our children and live our lives the way we see fit without interference from "do-gooders".

That whole situation in Maryland started because a "do-gooder" saw a child on deck bundled up in a blanket. It didn't start because someone saw the condition of the boat.

Things can snowball in a hurry when you aren't rich and can't defend yourself against people who are nosy and start making telephone calls.
MD is the epitome of "nanny states". The gov't there, as well as many of their citizens, feel the need to "get involved" in every aspect of a life.

The rub comes in, where your life style is not one that is socially acceptable by that state's regs and rules. They will not hesitate to get involved and since they own the water right up to my water line in VA - they are able to actually dictate what two states do on the water.

As the do-gooders do more, and make their case - the more you will see interference in those life styles that are not socially acceptable. Yours would not be overly popular in MD. They want conformists, who question nothing, do what the gov't and their minions dictate.

I no longer live there, for these reasons and many more, but my family struggles with the constant intrusion of the state in to their right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.