SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would the cable connecting the remote mic to the base be considered a radio signal carrying device? The way I''m looking at it is it is just an extension of the base unit. The reason I ask is that my fluxgate compass can''t be anywhere near a radio signal carrying device and they use the same hole going into the pedestal where the wires for each unit goes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Timm40,

I am pretty sure that neither the ICOM remote mike or the Horizon remote mike carries any radio signals. I am making an educated guess based upon the type of wire in the cable - i.e. there are no coaxial type cables in the remote mike cable.

Rodney - S/V Sashay, K6YOT

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
I have the Horizon and it does not carry radio signals. It is only a remote control and speaker/mike. I can''t speak for the Icom.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have an Icom remote mic on my Icom VHF, and the cable to the remote mic doesn''t seem to carry any RF -- just the sound input to the radio, power and control signals for channel up/down. My remove mic is mounted very close to my tillerpilot, and I''ve detected no interference.

Mark
"One Step Closer"
Lake St. Clair, MI

1 - 6 of 6 Posts