SailNet Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Warm Weather Sailor
1,039 Posts
The last 15 miles can be done in the dark. It's mosquito Lagoon, haulover bridge and then the Indian River. But I would not do it. Anchor off the yacht club at new Synrna also when going through New Symrna take the cut thru Sheephead bay, it's a lot deeper than the regular ICW. I'm in Vero right now.

·
Warm Weather Sailor
1,039 Posts
I'm stuck in Vero for a few weeks. My wife had to go home for surgery. I dont know what your hurry is to get to west palm but one solution might be to stay in vero and rent a car. It's only an hour and a bit. My wife flew out of West Palm. Good safe moorings here.

·
Warm Weather Sailor
1,039 Posts
Thanks Dan,

Didn't get on till this morning. Looks like I missed it. Maybe next time. My antenna crapped out on me and I've been going ashore for connections. Got a new one today. Doreen will be back in another two weeks and we'll be going to Miami and then the Bahamas. Have a safe flight home.

·
Warm Weather Sailor
1,039 Posts
If you had come into Vero (aka Velcro Beach) you'd still be here Daniel, nobody ever leaves this place, it's like a black hole just sucks you in, nothing like free bus service, free water, good laundry, big liquor store and a West marine to keep all these world circumnavigators right here on a mooring. :) For those that don't live on a liquid diet there's a Publix nearby too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts