1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1968 Columbia 50
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
4,188 Posts
Buy it, do the bare minimum to get it sailing, sail it for a season, then sell it it for for what you paid when you are done with it You couldn't not have fun with a boat like that.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I came across two of these for sale, and I have to admit that they intrigue me. They seems like that would be just a fun small boat to sail. If I recall weren't they used for Paralympics racing, or something along those lines?

Does anyone have any experience on these and what are your thoughts on them?

https://providence.craigslist.org/boa/d/hampden-illusion-mini-12-sailboats-two/6994321891.html
They do look like a lot of fun! I understand they are very wet boats to sail. The fact that there are 2 of them means that you have match racing potential.

Royal Victoria Yacht Club in British Columbia has a big fleet of mini 12s. You could reach out to them for more information and parts sourcing.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Senior Moment Member
13,282 Posts
Those always looked to me like they would be the closest you could get to sailing on a model boat.

Gulliver sailing for the AC in Lilliput.

·
Senior Citizen
431 Posts
I grew up sailing/racing small boats. When I first saw the mini 12 I thought it looked like more than fun. I say go for it!
-CH

·
1968 Columbia 50
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They do look like a lot of fun! I understand they are very wet boats to sail. The fact that there are 2 of them means that you have match racing potential.

Royal Victoria Yacht Club in British Columbia has a big fleet of mini 12s. You could reach out to them for more information and parts sourcing.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
One for me, and one for my now 11 yr old daughter... :grin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts