SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm trying to find the right forums to introduce myself and start networking with other sailors. I'm currently living in Redmond, WA (Microsoft guy) and am considering an offer to transfer to Puerto Rico. In doing so, I'm looking at a 55' Bavaria Cruiser sailboat as a liveaboard staying at a marina near Fajardo. If anyone would like to network, please reach out! I'll admit, I'm so nervous about making this decision but hope to start a new chapter in my life!

Best,

Eric:2 boat:

·
Administrator
5,915 Posts
Welcome to SailNet.

What is your sailing background? Liveaboard only or do you actually sail, too?

What type of networking are you looking for? Sailing? Land knowledge? Narrowing down what you're hoping to accomplish with networking would help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome Donna! I have to be honest, my sailing experience is minimal. I'm about to take the ASA 101, 103, and 104 class here in Washington and plan to dive headfirst into sailing, starting with livingaboard. My plan was to do that while here in Washington and slowly gain experience around the Puget Sound. However, coincidentally, an opportunity has come up to move to Puerto Rico, so I may need to dive in much faster than anticipated/planned. Regarding networking, I'm just looking to meet other sailors and 'compare notes' a bit. I guess my initial interest would be hearing how the sailing life has been, especially those who are 'living aboard'. And, I'd love to meet people here in the Seattle area or Puerto Rico. Hope this helps!

·
Administrator
5,915 Posts
Might I humbly suggest that you learn how to sail first? That's a huge boat for a non-sailor to handle. And, living aboard is not sailing. Two different things. I'm glad to hear that you're taking lessons. Best of luck to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts