SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
We see Catalina's all over the Chessy every year, along with every other variety to be fair. However as new (to us) owners of a Catalina, we've been nothing but impressed and happy with our choice to go with it. The Bay has plenty of shallow and deep water depending on where you sail. That looks like a great boat! When I clicked the link above, it only had a single pic (but admittedly I did not click around much to look).

·
Registered
256 Posts
I doubled back and looked again. For whatever reason the first time it must've simply not loaded the web page correctly. This time I perused through all the pictures, I also read the entire listing. I have to say, that is an impressive amount of work done over the past year or so with many new devices added/upgraded. The pictures are not crisp enough to make out fine details but overall what I saw looked pretty nice. I would definitely say that day-sailing, overnights, week-long cruises on and around the Bay are all completely doable in this vessel easily. Its got a new huge 150 genoa on it which will give you a lot of sail area up there. There nothing at all problematic with having the standard rig, and it doesn't matter which type of keel unless your keeping it up in the northern Bay area, then the shoal is better.

Make sure you inspect chainplates, etc, etc and open up every cubby and access point you can find.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts