SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
scally wag
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
yea just noticed the "companionship" thread, and for some reason, i had to laugh because we sailors are lonely ol sea dogs, and the odds of finding fm companionship here is prob 1 in 10, million, but a dating site for sailors, would b a good idea, because we are not normal, and lubbers, have nooo idea how to deal with us!

·
Tartan 27' owner
5,241 Posts
This may be a sailing forum (not a dating forum) but that doesn't stop folks asking for female crew, attractive female crew, who can cook, clean and stand a watch in the "Crew Wanted" threads.
Have a look at all the horny sailing dawg posts there.
What a hoot!

·
snake charmer, cat herder
2,650 Posts
this thread is worthless without pix.... come on dawgs..post yer pix let us decide if we wanna put up with your bs or not. it is niiiice out here without ye, but sometimes a gal wouldnt mined sharing this lifestyle with a truly decent old salt...
.... i ran ssssm social group in cf until a bully sent me a bad pm and i gave it away to a friend to babysit, but i do have a group same name in fb..must friend me first,and we are a salty group,,,men and women, who cruise and sail and aspire. it isnot a dating group but a buncha friends who may or may not find within the group a soulmate or a friend or someone with whom to share this lifestyle in some way. yes some couples did meet in or thru the group..is all self help..lol
some friends i know who are currently cruising met in match.com. lol.. another couple met in pof...rodlmffao.... i almost met someone in yahoo match but he got chicken feet and ran like stink.....that was kinda mutual..lol
so..what makes ye thgink it is a rare burdee out here, eh.. i got many female friends witrh boats and something says otherwise to me.
it depends on male, as we females with boats are very very discerning, as there are so few of us and so very smelly many of you....

·
scally wag
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
maby its just canada, but women here, are kinda,....mmmmmmm,. not a lot into the sea, most i met, are fair weather, but i am sure when i get more south that may change

·
scally wag
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i knew people on this site, wouldnt stink too much about my thread, ie, disaster, we are all mature adults, who under stand one golden thread is life is too short:)

Attachments

·
Registered
23,869 Posts
These never cease to amaze me. More so, I think they work, given the number of open sea rescues of couples that just met. :)

Reactions: sonsunmandelin

·
2,650 Posts
is it my imagination or are there many more ads on this site than there used to be..is difficult to load page and try to read, as the page will not scrolluntil ALL the freeking ads are loaded. sukks. will limit my use of all places with these obnoxious ads. they abuse my band width an di cannot make the month on my limit. is ridiculous and abusive of my banda ancha .

·
Registered
678 Posts
This thread could a be a lot of fun. I tired the online dating thing and it didn't work, did the racing scene...NOPE; tried to turn land lubbers in to sailors not! Then I said **** it it i'm going solo. Just yesterday the cutest little girl came sailing solo into my bay and yup SINGLE :) If you want to find a sailing girl, the kind with no debt, obligations or ties to the so called American dream the only place to find her is out there. You have heard the saying If you build it they will come. If you want that one in a million girl or boy for you girls, do your thing and they will show up with a big smile and an appetite for adventure. Now to lure her into my cockpit :). Cheers you old lonely dogs.

·
Kynntana (Freedom 38)
977 Posts
Yup, I'm single and a single-handed sailor so they're out there. The problem with online dating is everyone looks good on paper; it's the compatibility part that bites. I'd advocate for embracing your singledom. I often sail with all sorts of people (young, old, married, single, female, male) and it's more interesting this way. But I do get it. What you really want is someone to cozy up to on a regular basis AND sail around with you. As someone already mentioned, it's probably best to find that person on the water, although if you're not choosy, it doesn't seem too hard to find crew of the preferred gender on these forums. One way is to message it for all to see and then place your bets...right? ;-) Good luck.

·
scally wag
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea, well, i have never met a solo female sailor in 25 years of sailing, although i am secluded on the coast, never the less, it would be an honor, and it would be hard not to fall in love

·
2,650 Posts
lol i am a female sailor stuck currently in pair a dice having engine repairs then tank built then i will head for another pair a dice here n mexico and have more work done then off to another place hopefully for haulout and such needed pass times....and when this is all done i will head again south along mexico and central american coast to panama then thru a short ditch to other side and more sailing.

i have met a few sola female sailors while i been out and about ... since april 7 2011, i been out on my own.... 2009-2010 was in gom with friend, and dec 2008, in caribbe, with someone else each trip on their boats...opb are good ways to get started into cruising and ye never know who you may meet.......

·
scally wag
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i have always liked ericson's, i did a delivery, of a ericson, sailed her fast and hard, always a little harder on O.P.B, lol, sweet boats,
and i was also built in 1976 :)

·
scally wag
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the problem with having a sailor dating site, would be 100 men for every 1 women, and the men would be fighting over who has the biggest boat,lol

wanted: a good women, must have boat and motor, please send pics of boat and motor

1 - 20 of 89 Posts